Home remedy for a clogged drain
Looking for a home remedy for a clogged drain? Here are 6!
- Dish Soap and Hot Water – Miss a few tablespoons of liquid dish wash in about 2 liters of water. Slowly pour this mixture in the sink. This method will take some tries but it works well on grease clogs. It heats the grease to a liquid so that it can travel out of the pipe easily.
- Baking Soda & Vinegar – Put 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain followed by 1/2 cup of vinegar. Now, plug the drain and let it sit for about an hour. Unplug the drain and pour a pot of boiling water down the drain. Continue pouring the boiling water till the drain is clear.
- Baking soda & salt – Mix 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of baking soda and put it down the drain. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight. Once it has stayed there for a significant amount of time, clear it up with a pot of boiling water.
- Wire Coat Hanger – Straighten the hanger but leave the hook as it is. Make sure you have a bag to discard your findings from the drain! Use the hook end of the hanger to fish in the drain and pull any food or hair buildup that is clogging the pipe’s passageway. After removing everything you possibly can, run hot water down the sink.
- Plunger – This hack is mainly for the kitchen sink. Food can get stuck at the curve of the drain under the sink where it can be hard to reach with a hook, try a plunger to clear it! First, empty your sink of any dishes or rags. Then, fill the sink halfway with warm water and plunge awayyyyyy! (We highly recommend a rubber plunger)
What are the benefits of using green solutions?
They are much safer to breathe than chemicals. They wont eat at your pipes which will save you money and all the unnecessary headaches and inconvenience down the road. Overall its a great way to not just help yourself but also the environment!
None of these home remedies for a clogged drain helping?
In case these methods don’t work, you know where to FIND US!